The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR1 digital camera features the world’s first 0.3mm thin aspherical lens, allowing for a compact body that still features a powerful, 25mm-ultra-wide-angle, 8x optical zoom Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens. Known for its long-zoom, yet compact digital cameras, Panasonic’s newest ZR1 compact digital camera delivers increased flexibility.
With a zoom range of 25-200mm, the ZR1 allows for both expansive scenery photos as well as close-ups. This powerful zoom also works during video recording. The 12.1-megapixel resolution allows photos to be greatly enlarged while still retaining outstanding detail.
Another key feature of the ZR1 is its fast, high-speed Auto Focus (AF). This, combined with a high-speed start-up of only 1.1 second, helps the ZR1 to catch even the quick action shots. Making this camera even more versatile and easy-to-use, the ZR1 has a 2.7-inch Intelligent LCD, and a powerful battery life with the highly energy-efficient image processing LSI–Venus Engine V–which takes approximately 330 pictures during a single charge. As found in all Panasonic Lumix cameras, the ZR1 features Intelligent Auto (iA) Mode, now with POWER Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.), which features double the repression power, compared to MEGA O.I.S., the previous image stabilization system, to help capture blur-free images.
Ultra-clear 8x zoom, Power O.I.S., and a 25mm wide-angle Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens
The compact body of the ZR1 houses a Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens that ranges from 25mm wide-angle all the way to 200mm telephoto. In addition to its superb image rendering, the Leica DC lens lets you capture photos clearly without having to worry about hand-shake in all kinds of travel situations, thanks to the double* corrective power of Power O.I.S. as compared to previous models.
High-speed performance captures every shooting opportunity
Enjoy high-speed 1.1-second start-ups, AF speeds of approximately 0.27 second, and up to five consecutive shots at 2.3 frames per second with full resolution. You can also take up to 330 photos with a single battery charge (CIPA). This comfortable level of performance lets you capture even the most fleeting shutter chances.
Let iA mode do all the work–get stunning shots every time
Simply switch to iA mode, and leave everything up to the camera. It automatically activates six detection and correction functions including Power O.I.S., and lets you easily preserve your magnificent travel memories.
My Travel mode sorts your travel memories
The camera automatically arranges photos and movies using data such as the dates and locations of where they were taken. This makes it easier to enjoy your travel images in slideshows of photos and movies.
- Additional Intelligent Auto (iA) Mode Features
- Hand-Shake Component: Answers the problem of natural hand-shaking that goes along with pressing the shutter button.
- Face Recognition: Up to six faces can be registered, and up to three can be simultaneously recognized to show their names once registered.
- Travel Mode: Users can quickly organize information related to travel, including destination, date and time. Playback of these photos is just as easy, by designating the date or period of travel on the calendar menu interface.
- High Dynamic Mode: Helps to capture a scene with moderate exposure even when the scene may contain both bright and dark areas.
- PHOTOfunSTUDIO 4.0: Included software allows the user to view, edit and archive captured photos and videos. It features dramatic speed-up of operation and also allows users to store and sort photos by a specific, recognized face in the image.